Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Various and Sundry Poisons

One absolutely wonderful aspect of living in a foreign country with lots of bugs is the availability of pesticides that are banned back home. I bought some stuff the other day that is banned in most developed and developing countries (Statia is in neither category). It not only kills bugs when you take the cap off, but it peels the paint off most surfaces. I can almost feel my laboratory mouse cancer cell titer going up and my bone marrow suppressing itself as I spray. Is this a great country or what?

P.S. Got an A on my histology an hour ago...B on my combined Anatomy lab / lecture and have only Public Hell to go. I celebrated the end of today by taking a dip in the Caribbean. It was delightful.  I am confident that making it past tomorrow gets me over the hump and heading toward the end of the term....29 days to go, but who's counting? I am. Back to study so I can increase my confidence level to over 50%, one standard deviation from the mean, with an alpha=.50. Hopefully my sensitivity for detection of correct answers (positive outcome) will be greater than 80% and my false positive error rate will be low. Ahhhhh...save me from the stats monster!!