Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sunrise & Sunset

Each passing day, allows renewal and reflection. We live in a beautiful world, full of blessings, if we are willing to look for them, and see them for what they are. When we are consumed with finding the negative, what's wrong, faults of others...we'll find them. When looking for beauty, blessing, positives...we can find that too. A friend and colleague reminded me of that when she sent this photo, from her boat, of sunset in the Florida Keys.

image

Just finished 45 slides of head and neck content. Who knew there we so many holes, grooves, fosses, curves and angles in the base of the skull (I actually did, but forgot most of them). A neurosurgeon handed me a drill one day and let me start the craniotomy going after a subdural hematoma (likely middle meningeal artery disruption from a fall). I wish I remembered more about the anatomy of the skull, and less about the excitement of being able to participate in neurosurgery. Got some time today between classes to study the last 3 lectures. Noon conference is on evaluation of the cranial nerves. Looking forward to that.