Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Stats and Thou

I take full responsibility for the train wreck that just happened. I am fully to blame.  Over 20 hours of study (obviously the wrong things)...I'm really sorry I wasn't more prepared for the exam today, but I don't know what I could have done different. 

I think I just passed it. What a miserable feeling.  Knowing what I know about USMLE and the use of statistics in medical practice, this class misses the mark so far afield that I probably psyched myself out. It was clearly the biggest challenge I've had since arriving here...one I hope to never repeat. I can see clearly that statistical research is not my forte'. Best to know what you can't do, than what you can do at this point, right? This class could be so good if the focus was actually clinical preventive, public health services.

Ok, testing is over for this block. Finals looming in the not to distant future. I'm relieved, but so disgusted at the same time. Like someone said, "it's only medical school."