Thursday, July 31, 2008

Book Support Bizarreness

"I have never tried to convert medical students into textbooks. If we did, we would clearly be forced to lower tuition since the best composite of medical knowledge can be purchased for about $150." (Steadism #166, p.55)

I cannot believe what I just heard. The instructor, in a desperate attempt to justify this lousy course, used the textbook choice to justify it. The author himself says the text is geared for "resident physicians studying for post graduate boards." We are first year medical students.

That is, however, completely beside the point. This is the most ill conceived, poorly designed, busy work infested courses I have ever taken in my educational career. But arguing about it is absolutely futile. God, give me the strength to just get through this...please!