Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Storm Dissipation

As of today, the new storm appears to be dissipating into the oblivion that is the waxing and waning of stormage. Of course, that could change in an instant, but complacency will likely find it's way back to the student body here in just a bit. For now, doesn't look like much more than a stiff breeze and some rain.

BTW, I went out to Fort DeWindt (Fort of the Wind) yesterday during a break (one of my favorite escapes)...just to reflect and dissipate some inner storm from "life". I stood on the wall surrounding the gun platform facing the Atlantic Ocean (where the Atlantic merges with the Caribbean). I closed my eyes and the 25 mph wind felt like it was going to blow me off. I hung suspended for a moment...almost like I was "taking off"...What a feeling! I think I heard Celine Dione singing something from Titanic in the background.

PICT6734