Friday, May 9, 2008

Tragedies

Already two casualties in my new life on Statia...my PDA and my camera. Fortunately I have a back up for the latter (a camera I've had for some time), but I don't for the former...and it is my cell phone in the U.S. too. Have to replace that ASAP for the PDA stuff alone. I Treo really like the quiz program that is circulating among students for studying the basic sciences. My thought at this point is that a PDA is essential for the practice of medicine, let alone studying it. The cell phone I can do without.

And when I say this thing is dead, I mean dead. I am wondering if the combination of fluctuating electricity current on the charger and the dusty hot environment here pushed this old technology into oblivion. The final test for one of the original Treo SmartPhones, but it served me well.

Now when I'll get to a Sprint store is another matter.