Friday, May 23, 2008

Shipping Slow

1.9 miles per hour...That was the speed that my shipment from the mainland to Statia...Almost a month to cover about 1300 miles. Took just as long for a jeep (the car) to get shipped here also (same boat). But I did get it,  intact and without damage or loss.  I thought I had planned the timing out, but such was not the case. We had to wait for mother nature and and a boat, and an assortment of other reasons. It was supposed to take 5 days.

image

But in the end it is amazing what you can do without when you don't have it; And more amazing what I shipped and didn't need. Somehow, for example, I have 5 flashlights. Better safe than sorry. After all it is hurricane season soon....very soon.

First exams are coming...one in lab and one each in three classes. I am feeling amazingly ready, but then I've had this before. I hope that my brain doesn't fail me when I need it, but having first exams will help me gauge where I am in the process. So far I'm having a blast at the learning. I have a structure in my brain about the practice of medicine, and this all helps fill in the details. I can't imagine what it is like for a 20 something without medical experience to listen to this, let alone learn it. I think this is one of the major problems with medical education, but who am I to comment or judge?