Monday, May 12, 2008

Amazing Group

International medical school have a reputation of attracting less than qualified students. You wouldn't know it by my group. Lots of education, life and medical experience, advanced degrees and  other "resume builders" that can't be ignored. Moreover, there isn't a single person in the group that doesn't truly want to be involved in the health care of people...really practicing patient centered care. I've met dozens of current physicians in the U.S. that didn't get in to medicine for that reason.

I feel lucky to be surrounded by such a wonderful group of human beings, both faculty and students. I can't help but think that my real education will go far beyond the books and studying for USMLE. I like that.

PICT0034 (3)

The fact is that this is the face of the future of primary care medicine world-wide. Over a 1000 IMG's (International Medical Graduates) entered residencies this year and the number is growing as U.S. graduates fill higher paying specialty residency slots. But if you've been to the doctor lately, you know that.