Thursday, May 29, 2008

Continuous Learning

The nature of medical education is continuous...it has to be! The act of certification and licensure often includes that element (CME, CEU, etc) in order to renew, re-certify or re-license. I am reminded imagedaily of how important, as a teacher, it is to stay current with the ever, and quickly changing information database that is medicine. Coming to medical school was really the only logical progression from being a clinical PA. No matter what happens here, I have continued my learning and, hopefully, my effective use of that knowledge. I become more fully aware of that fact each day I hear our our professors with clinical knowledge detail a process or disease or anatomy or physiology.

"He who graduates today, and stops learning tomorrow, is uneducated the day after." - Newton d. Baker (1871-1937), Politician