Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Gift

HURRICANE WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR THE FLORIDA KEYS FROM SOUTH OF OCEAN REEF TO KEY WEST...INCLUDING THE DRY TORTUGAS AND FLORIDA BAY...AND ALONG THE FLORIDA MAINLAND FROM CARD SOUND BRIDGE WESTWARD TO BONITA BEACH.  A HURRICANE WATCH MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE WITHIN THE WATCH AREA...GENERALLY WITHIN 36 HRS.

image I wrote about Fay several days ago as it approached us and move to our north. I've been watching this thing develop, as most Caribbean storms do, for about 10 days. Now, the gift of Faye move toward Florida, just in time for the start of public school with rains to an area that just doesn't need anymore. I'm sure my family and friends are preparing as we speak just in case this turns out to be a "ride" later tonight, Monday and Tuesday. Time will tell. I wish everyone all the best with this little gift from the east.