Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Rationale

Ok, I admit it. I went to medical school to fend off Oldtimers. The cat's out of the bag now and I feel much better. I'm not Italian but I am brain damaged. And, I am totally convinced that this process, and particularly the testing challenges, have protected me for life. What a great rationale for going to medical school. It's not for achievement, future accomplishment, stepping up to the challenge or even giving something back to the planet. I'm doing it to keep from losing my mind....

image

Demanding Job, Less Memory Decline

Think hard and it may protect your brain from Alzheimer’s disease. A new study finds those with more education and more mentally demanding jobs may have protection against the memory loss that precedes Alzheimer’s disease, Italian researchers have concluded - Neurology, 2008