Friday, October 3, 2008

MSAAADD

Seems that with every fragment of knowledge, I gain a new diagnosis. Genetics is an amazing course. I've heard of more zebra diseases in this class that I've never heard of than all the routine diseases put together.  As we study the proteins of the body, produced by the DNA and our genes (Genetics and Genomics), I learn something about my health and disease. Genes are responsible for the expressing all of our body activities in life.

I now fully understand that I have "Medical School Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder".  You should know the symptoms. Someone you love may be afflicted with MSAAADD. Be aware of the symptoms:

I decide to water my herbs in the kitchen. As I turn on the faucet to fill a cup I look over at my floors and decide it needs washing.  As I start toward the closet where the mop is, I notice my notebook on the table. I need to study. So I open the book to read some and go thru my notes.  I find some I don't need and throw them in the trash.  I notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the notebook and book back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well write some post cards. So I go to the desk where I find the can of diet Pepsi I'd been drinking. I'm going to look for the post cards, but first I need to push the Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over.  The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water. I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote.  I left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when I go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the main room where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.  Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. 

At the end of the day: the floor isn't washed, the post cards aren't written, there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter the flowers and herbs don't have enough water, there is still studying to do, I can't find the remote, and I can't find my glasses. Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all  day, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Don't laugh -- if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!

image 
Brain Fart