Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tick, tick, tick

image It is difficult to describe what happens, but seems that every conversation is focused on leaving, escaping, break,...everything beyond "the rock." I'm feeling it too, with the urge to be with really good family and friends (extension of Thanksgiving; I am REALLY blessed). But it is the clock mentality...x days till leaving...that is so pervasive. I don't want to wish my life away, but I have to admit, as much as I like it here, being in school, and living in the Caribbean...I'm yearning for a movie in a theater, a home cooked meal by my mom, a date to Coldstone, a daiquiri at the "deck", a long hot shower without fear of centipedes crawling up the drain, A/C instead of a chiller, clothes dried in a machine and washed in non-European soap suds, a drive thru burger hot off the "King" assembly line, a lake view from the patio, a big hug from a soccer player...