Friday, December 5, 2008

Fear of PROF

image

"Fear" of God is described as a reverence.  It is a feeling merging awe and the motivation to perform in life.  Proverbs says, that “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge…”, and until we understand who God is, and develop a reverential fear of Him, we cannot have true wisdom.  Fear, awe, motivation, knowledge, wisdom...

No wonder my professors act and feel like Gods, particularly as we near final exams. 

The PROF is my shepherd; I shall not want much.  He maketh me to study into the wee hours of the morning. he leadeth me beside the blue Caribbean waters in search of knowledge and blue beads. He restoreth my grades: he leadeth me in the paths of intense memorization for memorization's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of finals, I will fear no multiple choice question: for thou art with me; thy Powerpoint and thy laser pointer they comfort me. Thou preparest a table, an outline, reading assignments, and vast collections of knowledge before me in the presence of mine fellow students and grade curve adversaries: thou anointest my head with biochemistry, genetics, physiology, and throbbing; my laptop runneth over with content. Surely good grades, board scores, lofty residencies and healed patients shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the PROF for ever. AMEN.

Fear no final.

image