Thursday, September 25, 2008

Resolution, For Now

It is my firm belief that God does not put anything in your life that he (or she) has not equipped you to deal with. Such are the mini traumas of medical school. I know the reality is my expectations often exceed reality and the possible realities (it's not possible in many cases).

I know that the "nerd" in my head is ALWAYS the culprit and that I'll deal with the ups and downs. But today, it took a 50 minute swim in 2 foot rolling seas to get it to sink in. Perhaps it was the bruised head from hitting it earlier on a door frame, or the salt water sinus wash out (I think it may have been gray matter that was expelled from the post nose blow), but I'm ready tackle this now...t-minus 3 days to get ready for block #1 and to the best of my ability, I WILL be ready.

The Old Testament talks about a 40 year journey that should have taken about 2 weeks. I won't wander in the sand that long. After all it is about the journey and the character I develop along the way. Nobody said it would be easy. For a moment I deluded myself.

"It is not knowledge, but the act of learning, not possession but the act of getting there, which grants the greatest enjoyment." -Carl Friedrich Gauss (1777-1855), Mathematician and astronomer

"Forget goals. Value the process." --Jim Bouton, Baseball player