Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Incompatible

Everyone is incompatible. We are different. When difference merges into incompatibility we believe that we need to "get away" from that other person. We are just different and each of us has unique gifts and limitations. I need to spend greater effort to identify those unique gifts in others and learn from others, even as the nerd in my head talks to me about how different they are.

Oil is incompatible with water. A body pH of 6.2 is incompatible with life. Hot chillers peppers from the coast of South American are incompatible with chocolate pudding (I know, I tried). But we are NEVER incompatible with other people until we allow our pride, ego and exaggerated opinion of ourselves.

Presence, real presence, and listening, and being able to fully understand or express understanding of what other are going thru is our greatest gift and what provide the springboard for good work in the healing arts. I need more brokenness in my life. I am not "too good" to share the burden of others. I'd like to believe I'm not incompatible with anyone.

image