Sunday, September 7, 2008

Flights and Canes

imageWhile I was waiting to leave yesterday, the announcement came...evacuation for the Keys.  "Ike" is another monster storm and the Keys were in it's track. Today, the news for the keys is a bit nicer as the track has shifted south somewhat.

The flight back was uneventful and actually quite smooth. We took off on time, and landed a bit early.  The landing at St. Maarten was spectacular as we eased over Maho Beach in a light rain.  We could see "Ike" off our starboard as we passed it. The Turks/Caicos are getting pummeled this morning and I feel a bit "connected" as I've been to Provo to dive (a most amazing trip that could fill a single entry by itself). I hope and pray they do well. The worst appears yet to come for Haiti, Cuba and the Gulf Coast of the U.S.

image

Speaking of Canes, they lost to the Gators last night in college football. My Dad must be sad but happy he didn't make the drive.  My sister in-law elated and likely telling everyone about it. Ah, glimpses of home.