Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Spiritual Connection

Ok, it happened again today. A spiritual connection, a longing, through the stomach in my mind. It's hot (I've said that) and today as I was walking the path from immigration, to the tax office etc for the coveted laminated card of "temporary residency", it HIT me.

I MISS DQ. I had a total mind meltdown and fixation on one thing for the entire walk...a Dairy Queen Oreo imageBlizzard. I could almost feel the spoon stand up in the cup of frozen mix, see the chunks of cookie, smell the cold vapor drifting off the top of the heaped up mass of vanilla and such...I could feel the first bite when I usually close my eyes and let it slide down my throat, tasting every morsel of vanilla, chocolate, vanilla, chocolate...and that familiar flavor, Oreo (how do you describe that one?) Few things are more enticing and it certainly enticed me today.

Then I snapped out of it as the smell of formaldehyde from the cadaver lab, wafting from my tee shirt. hit my nostrils in the heat and steam of the Statia late morning. Few things are as incompatible as the smell of lab, and the smell of a Blizzard. I can't wait to get into my gas guzzling Expedition wander down to the DQ near my parent's house with AE, and get a Blizzard. But for now, I'm content knowing that it's out there somewhere, and that the smell of formaldehyde will never leave my clothes.