Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Darkness

The "age chasm" is alive in well, at least here. The is almost an isolation or segregation of aged students. Now I don't think it's me, or unique to this school, but since I've not been a student in a very long time, I do notice that there is a culture that doesn't include older folks. It's not a terrible thing. Frankly, there is a lot of wasted time, effort, conversation, pontification, and gossip involved, but there is also vital information if you can sort through it. I think that is where the concept of "out of touch" comes from...we are in a manner of speaking.

I am always surprised at what I "don't know" when it comes to class, schedules, stuff floating around, information in general...but in that is a sort of bliss and self preservation that has me finding what it is I need when I need it. "Just in time" information is something I'm used to and, in a way, more helpful to getting the buddahavwork done.  I try not to worry too much about whether or not I'm fully informed. In the end the events of the day should either speak for themselves or give me the last bit of info I need to make the right decisions. I am blissfully becoming OK with my "out of touchiness", and at "one" with my inability to be part of the 20 something group.