Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rotations Begin

image

It's hard to believe that it's actually here, but I am firmly geographically implanted and ready to start OB/Gynecology in the AM. I've not really been involved in OB since the birth of my child, but it's an area that I've enjoyed, learned about, and worked in in the past. Setting my mind in gear and pre-reading the content is a bit frightening, but I realize that nobody has ever died from "first day of rotations" either.

And so it begins in the morning. I've got my instructions. And beyond handling any emergencies that may come up tomorrow and the future in patient care (although highly unlikely I'll have to worry about that), I'm more concerned about the traffic, parking and finding the clinic. Then the daily experience of the work and schedule will begin to take over and I'll start the steadfast move to the end of rotations and school. Ready to learn!

Note to self: Don't drop babies. They don't like it. Or at least, catch them on the first bounce.