Sunday, December 19, 2010

Moving Onward

The discussion about who, what, where, when and how is now intensifying as school has received requests for rotations and my packet of information necessary to move on. I'm hopeful for something warmer than not during this winter start, but I'm ok with anything that might move me toward the goal of graduation and my degree. Our affiliations are fairly extensive and looks like I'll be able to do all of them in the U.S. Other options include some in Europe. That might be interesting.

The process was interesting for sure. I was relieved to learn that I am not wanted for crimes and/or misdemeanors in the U.S., I'm immune to most childhood communicable diseases (need to follow up on one I actually got vax'd for), and don't have HIV or Hepatitis. I was screened, prodded, invaded and stuck more times than I care to share, but it is nice to know I'm starting off healthy and a bit more "patient wise".

So now the process of nailing down the location and start date will happen in the next week. I'm already anticipating that with some packing, storing, clothing assessment as well as early search for housing in the areas proposed. With a Jan 3 start, I'll likely have to move this or next week to get there on time. Should be a whirlwind of activity for sure. But it's all good! I'm officially an MS-3, and loving it!