Sunday, August 9, 2009

Leash Laws

I think you can judge the level of society sophistication and progression by it's leash laws. I am officially in a 4th world country. I got attacked on the beach by a vicious dog today. No worries...no blood. Fortunately as imageI emerged from the water, I had my mask and snorkel in hand and as the beast leaped for my calf I hit him with the mask. He was pissed, but I wasn't hurt. Statia is no place to get bit. I'd probably have to be airlifted to a 3rd world country for treatment and that would suck just prior to finals.

What is it about places like this and their attitudes toward dogs? Dogs are mistreated, chained to car bumpers, running wild killing sheep and attacking humans...and there doesn't seem to be a care about it. A place can truly be judged by how it treats it's animals.