Monday, August 10, 2009

Finals and Storms

I'm getting into that mental frenzy called finals prep, but I don't feel to panicked at this point. I guess I'm either delusional that I know this stuff, or I'm just getting used to the routine. This is, after all, the 16th barrage of block exams. Maybe I am just getting used to it. I still have about a week to study. Plenty of time by standards, if I've been keeping up, and I have....eating those pancakes everyday. can't wait for break though.

The only imponderable in my otherwise drab island existence of study and island life is the impending storm season and one particularly interesting one just coming off the African coast to our east. It's got no name, but it's heading our way. This is the predicted Aug 16 position based on my trusty sailing wind predictor.

image

At that rate, and if it continues its course and path of development, it will strike the island when I'm safely in Florida. But that could be good or bad. I'm going to have to watch this one. I don't like the idea of a "big one" hitting when I'm not here, but nothing I can do about that now. Waiting, watching, studying....