Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Abyss

As I get closer to leaving, I feel like I'm looking over the edge into the abyss...scared out of my orthopaedic shoes, but really excited by the challenge and the "risk" of it all. I know that my complacency will only lead to my discontent, so this choice was really a no brainer. Now that the packing is actually happening, and the plans are being laid...the fear begins to sneak in. But, I can't let doubt become my master at this stage. It is about just taking one step at a time, taking and relishing in each and every day. It starts in May.
"The person who will risk nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. Only a person who risks becomes truly free." -- Denis Waitley

"Dare to risk public criticism." --
Mary Kay Ash

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --
Mark Twain

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare