Friday, September 21, 2012

Good morning Siri!

I dream of the perfect Electronic Health Record (EHR). I walk into the physician workroom, sit in front of the computer, enter my user name and password and up pops EHRick....

Good morning EHRick.
Good morning doctor. What can I help you with today?

Were there any admissions overnight EHRick?
Let me check. Yes, there were 3.

List of diagnosis please.
DKA, post stroke dizziness, and intractable nausea and vomiting.

Any missing documentation?
Yes doctor. Admission orders for #3.

Thanks EHRick. Koolphrase, general admission order set.
Done. He's allergic to PCN, percocet, Norco & asking for morphine.

Thank you EHRick. Please print a census complete with map. And take me past the Starbucks stand please. And report patient #3 to the state narcotic database.
Checking.....I have it. I'll print your map now doctor. Landscape print? Reported.
Landscape print will be fine EHRick. Thanks.

Any calls EHRick?
Yes, your accountant, your lawyer, and your therapist. I've scheduled appointments.

Thanks EHRick. Have a nice day.
You too doctor; Don't forget your list.

And doctor, I've ordered flowers for your Mom's birthday.