Sunday, November 22, 2009

Well Packaged Fear

imageI've gone and done it. I've signed up for the first national  exam to practice medicine in the U.S. What a fear inducing process! It's all online and with a few simple clicks, it's done. $700 later, I look to the horizon for three months or so hence to sit down and take this beast on. I've got some time to prepare, but being the most important exam to date is daunting.

So what do I have to do now? Study. I need at least the national average 225 or so to be competitive for rotations and residency. I need to blow this thing out of the water if possible so I can compete against the twenty somethings for those coveted spots. I hope that I'm not putting too much pressure on myself, but I don't have a lot of second chances left in me.

For the moment, just keep swimming!