Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Device Installed

image There is one fire station on the island and it's near the airport. Now, it's only about 1.5 miles mind you, and they are great guys, well trained and equipped, but still only one. And they protect the whole island and the airport too. I suspect that in the event of a real fire at my place, I'm on my own. It'll be gone by the time they get here and start hosing.

Needless to say sometimes worry about my electrical outlets or unattended incense, or that of the other housemates I have, burning the place down. I don't have much to lose, but it would be a shame to lose anything. So today, I installed a fire alarm in my apartment. It's sure to get me up out of a dead sleep, I'm sure.  If not, I can get a quick bit to eat as I'm exiting the flames.

image