Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Maldistribution

image

One of the more disturbing things about school, particularly as someone who actually studies and has taught before, is the maldistribution of content around the class. There is "content" floating around that seems to find it's way to some, and not to others. This is not unique to this school. I've seen this happen before in other programs I've been involved with.

This morning I found out that there was an instructor created review in Powerpoint for this exam I'm about to walk into. the only problem is that everyone in the class didn't have it or know about it. Worse those individuals that I've shared stuff with in the past didn't share it with me. That really sucks!

So as we walk into this exam, some have had a "preview" of the test and others have not. I cannot tell you how disturbing this is as I face this exam. Yet in the end, hopefully my overall studying of the content will pull me through, despite what I have or don't have from instructors and fellow classmates. In the end, this is a solitary experience based on my knowledge, experience and fortitude, not the content I possess. It is difficult sometimes to remember that in life, let alone medical school.

Arrogant Leadership

Addendum: The exam is over..and I nailed it. Thankfully I actually studied and read the content. The "review" that was floating around was bogus. If that is all you studied, you failed the exam for sure. I didn't. I was the first to leave the exam after going thru it twice. I'm sure I scored one of the highest, but it doesn't matter. I new it, and studied right. Just got to keep up with this one since the final is cumulative. Glad that is over. I have learned a great lesson.