Sunday, June 1, 2008

Conversion

I know that some of us will end up in pathology, and I know that I should appreciate the nuances of histology, but I can't seem to remember the conversion from Centigrade to Fahrenheit and back.

We really are a retarded group, those countries that don't use metric. We feel entitled to use Fahrenheit and other forms of non-metric when nearly the rest of the world is content in metric; Well I certainly do feel entitled. Why convert? For some reason my histology professor doesn't agree.

Actually it is quite easy: F = (Cx2) + 32 will get you really close from C to F; and C = F - 32 / 2 will do the dirty deed from F to C. I am quite sure that I'm a better patient care provider for knowing this information. Or I'll just whip out my handy PDA and do the calc, if and when I actually ever need it.