Saturday, November 1, 2008

FOUND ONE!

I almost didn't believe it. It isn't striking or particularly pretty.  The dot of color with the hole in it, rising above the large rocks, pale browns, tans, and blacks of the beach.  My eyes looked but my mind didn't quite register the reality. Thought is was another peace of blue pottery. I actually walked right by it, then paused, and walked backwards to look again.  It was in the most unsuspecting place. Like a friend told me, "no rhyme or reason." And with the seas constantly changing the coast since the storm, more are likely to "come up."

Like Hawaii, there is a Kamaaina (person of the land) thing that happens when you "connect" to the land through something native.  I believe now I am wired into the luck of the land of Statia.  One can only hope that it will help on future exams :)

blubeed (2) blubeed