Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What do you want to be?

"When I come back, I want to come back as a vagina or uterus. It's the center of life"

image

After today I sort of agree with Dr. G about his wanting to come back as a female body part. For my moment in time, they are royalty. Today the female organs were elevated to new heights of medical science and clinical applications. The full gamut of discussion from CD36 markers on macrophages of the peritoneal cavity and their role in endometriosis to family planning with IUD's making a come back. Deeper discussions in the politics of female health capped with social commentary about single young females getting pregnant and cutting off their lives at the knees ensued.

The uterus and vagina were, at least today, the center of my life and universe. Seems that it will be my life for the next several weeks.